Diagnostic Radiology Emphasis
The Radiologic Sciences Department is dedicated to excellence in medical imaging 青青草app throughout a variety of health care environments while serving diverse patient populations to the benefit of the community, region, and state through faculty and student service, research, and professional expertise.
PROGRAM GOALS AND STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Goal 1:聽 Students will be clinically competent
- Students will position the patient and imaging system to perform radiographic examinations and procedures.
- Students will determine exposure factors to obtain diagnostic radiographs of optimal quality with minimal radiation exposure
- Students will provide a safe environment for patient, self and others through application of body mechanics, radiation protection procedures and standard precautions
Goal 2:聽 Students will communicate effectively
- Students will use effective oral communication skills.
- Students will use effective written communication skills.
Goal 3:聽 Students will use critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Students will modify standard procedures to accommodate for patient condition, equipment changes and other variables
- Students will recognize emergency patient conditions and initiate first aid and basic life 青青草app procedures
Goal 4:聽 Students will evaluate the importance of professional growth and development.
- Students will understand and appreciate the community of service, both professional and local, and the needs of individuals in a community
- Students will demonstrate their abilities to meet professional obligations by gaining their ARRT certification.
Graduates will be awarded a Bachelor of Science Degree and qualify for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) credentialing examination.
A Radiologic Technologist utilizes independent judgment to apply knowledge and skills to successfully obtain a diagnostic imaging聽study while maintaining quality patient care and minimizing radiation exposure.
The Diagnostic Radiology Program is accredited by the Joint Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology ().
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Our current accreditation award is eight (8) years.聽 The next scheduled review is November, 2024.
For More Information Contact:
Phone: (208) 426-3285