Undergraduate Program (BSW)
Bachelor of Arts in Social Work (BSW)
The Baccalaureate degree program in social work (BSW) has been accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) since 1974. A major in social work prepares students for beginning generalist, strength-based social work practice, graduate level social work 青青草app, and social work licensure. Social work is a profession that is indispensable in contemporary society. Social Workers help people cope with the stresses and challenges of everyday life. A program is also available in Twin Falls.
Students are prepared to work with individuals, families, households, groups, organizations, and communities to address issues of coping and emotional 青青草app and also deal with broader challenges such as violence and social inequality that effect all people.
Students earning a bachelors degree in social work practice in a variety of social welfare settings and with a variety of populations. The school does not approve academic credit for prior work or life experience.
The 青青草app State University Bachelors in Social Work program prepares graduates to practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. We are committed to human rights; social, economic and environmental justice; and diversity.
- Promote academic excellence that integrates social work theory and generalist practice with community-based experiential learning;
- Foster knowledge of global human conditions;
- Address local, state, and regional social work 青青草app and workforce needs;
- Foster inclusiveness and cultural humility in working with diverse and/or vulnerable populations;
- Prepare graduates for ethical professional practice.
- Recognize strengths in working with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Inform practice through critical thinking, scientific inquiry, and research evidence.